Today was a good day

“Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God. I don’t know, but today seems kinda odd.” -Ice Cube (Lyrics from “It Was A Good Day”)

This song always pops in my head when I hear the words “today was a good day”.

I woke up early for a 6am class at the Fitness Factory. My sugar when I woke up was 70. I ate some GU gel to raise it before my workout. I thought I would be a little sore today, but I wasn’t. That was nice!

Price had a great workout planned for us. We started with 30 minutes on the RealRyder bikes. We did some speed work along with standing, hovering, and leaning forward exercises. Those extra movements really work the targeted muscles. We then moved on to the IndoRow machines for 10 minutes. We did speed work and arms and shoulder work. My shoulders were very fatigued after the IndoRow. We don’t use those machines often and it’s my least favorite activity we do, but I am getting more comfortable with it. My sugar post spin and row was 145.

We worked on abs and upper body during the 20 minutes of TRX. We did super sets of chest presses with ab work between them. It was a nice change doing upper body. We usually do a lot of leg work. Price always kicks our butts with his ab workouts and today was no different. Afterwards I felt really good about today’s workout. My sugar after TRX was 150.

I decided to run outside after workout today. It was cold, but the sun was out and I thought I’d test how I felt. I ran my 1 mile loop around the studio twice for a 2 mile run. My average pace was 9:13/mile. I didn’t have any complications after I finished and was very pleased with how I felt. My sugars had come down to 121 after my 2 miles and then to 111 before breakfast.

I ate 2 Eggo waffles with peanut butter for breakfast and subtracted the 2 units of insulin for my meal bolus. I think the peanut butter stayed in my system for a while. I was starving by mid morning, but my sugar was higher at 176. I ate some trail mix to get me to lunch and my sugars were a little higher then at 182.

We had meetings at the office today, and had pizza brought in for lunch. I bolused for my first couple of slices, but went back later for more and forgot to bolus for round two. My afternoon sugar was sky high at over 300. I bolused for the correction and it came back down to 111 before dinner.

I also went to the Mississippi Blues Marathon race expo the evening to pick up my packet. I’m excited to do this race at home. It came up quickly and I can’t believe it’s already here.

Other than the lunch bolus mishap, I gotta say it was a good day!

Koo whaa ohh! *another Ice Cube reference 🙂

This entry was posted in Diabetes, Health & Fitness, Running and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s